Summer is smack upon us and now, more then ever it’s a great time to just say NO to toss-away plastic bottled water. With this in mind here are ten awesome BPA-free reusable water bottles perfect for summer and all year round. Oh, and soon I’ll post ten more just for the kiddos so stay tuned.
1. Klean Kanteen Classic by Klean Kanteen – Rocks. A lot. Read my in-depth review.
2. KOR ONE Hydration Vessel by KOR – I LOVE this beautiful bottle made from BPA-free Tritan. Dishwasher safe and recyclable. Hinged cap for easy open and close. Plus looks like no other water bottle on the market, yet has a low price point. Comes in four lovely basic colors and some awesome special edition designs.
3. thinksport Sports Bottle by thinksport – really sleek and lovely reusable water bottle and way less expensive than you’d expect (around $16-$20). This bottle is super light-weight stainless steel with an elegant design that’s easy to hold and drink from. The bottle is vacuum sealed to keep beverage hot or cold for hours. Also, like all the bottles I’m showing, thinksport’s bottle is free of Bisphenol-A and toxic chemicals. Comes in two sizes; 350 and 750ml and an array of colors including basic silver.
4. uscanteen by uscanteen – This is the stylish, more expensive option on the list. But it is BPA-free and eco-savvy. Read my in-depth review. UPDATE: This product has been discontinued.
5. The CamelBak Better Bottle in stainless steel by CamelBak – CamelBak doesn’t deal in all stainless steel, but their Better Bottle does. This bottle is BPA-free, comes with a Big Bite Valve and is spill-proof. Available in .5L Insulated Stainless and .75L Stainless. Also available in an insulated stainless steel version – micro-welded, double-wall .5L Insulated Stainless bottles feature vacuum insulation to keep beverages cool for hours.
6. Reusable Glass Water Bottles by Love Bottle – for something a little out of the ordinary I’d try a Love Bottle. Love Bottles are made of shiny clear glass (made partially from recycled glass) and come in 500 or 1000 ml. Each Love Bottle has a ceramic swing top lid that creates a water-tight seal and you can get one that’s pre-designed or customize your own. Glass water bottles offer better taste quality than plastic, steel or aluminum and are great for people who are bothered by stainless steel in their mouth. Of course glass is 100% recyclable too and looks amazing. The downsides include easy to break and glass won’t keep fluids very cold; I’d suggest a bottle carrier to help with both situations.
7. Platypus SoftBottle by Cascade Design – I’m not a fan of plastic, even BPA-free plastic like the Platypus SoftBottle. However, in order to offer an option for every adult and every lifestyle, I’m going to mention this bottle. Each bottle comes with a Clean-Taste Guarantee and is reusable and ultra lightweight. In fact, this bottle, or vessel as the case may be, rolls right up when empty and weighs 80% less than hard hydration bottles. Available with Closure Cap or dual-valve HyperFlow Cap. I don’t think this bottle is all that attractive, but because of this bottle’s flexibility it’s great for active adults and its light weight means even kids can easily carry it.
8. Fresco V2 Stainless Steel Water Bottle by Innate – The newest Innate bottle, the Fresco is really nice design-wise. The 29 oz bottle has a wide look and a really unique lid, designed for easy carrying and clipping onto a pack. The bottle is single wall stainless steel, BPA Free and has a food grade polypropylene mouth part which means no more chilly lips in cooler weather.
Buy Innate Fresco V2 29oz Stainless Steel Water Bottle in basic silver with colored lid (many colors available) or get one of their cooler Printed Stainless Steel Water Bottles (with many neat design choices).
9. ROHO Hydration Bottle by Thermos – When you hear Thermos you might just think coffee, but Thermos actually has a very attractive BPA-free reusable water bottle line as well called ROHO. ROHO bottles remind me of old school soda bottles in design, but are made with BPA-free, single-wall stainless steel. ROHO features a leak-proof lid with one hand push button operation and integrated carry loop. The wide mouth makes this bottle easy to clean and you can fit ice cubes in. Also dishwasher safe and many designs to choose from. Only comes in one size – 24oz.
10. EarthLust bottles by EarthLust – Oh how I LOVE EarthLust bottle designs. They’re just so darn pretty. Sadly my pal has one and she says you need to be careful with them when washing because the non-toxic paint used on these bottles can come off if you’re rough. Still, EarthLust bottles are super sweet. Each features a custom design, many of which are limited editions. The bottles are made of food grade stainless steel so they’re naturally BPA-free and come in 13 oz, 20 oz or 1 liter sizes.
There you have it – ten great BPA-free reusable water bottle choices. Now, I don’t want to hear about you buying toss-away plastic bottles! Coming up, ten great BPA-free bottles for kids.