If your family is vegan Easter issues may be on your mind. Easter is so egg-centered! Not to mention people plan meals around the cutest critters at Easter time – like pigs and lamb.
Still, even if you’re vegan, vegetarian, or simply want an Easter that’s cruelty-free, you can have an awesome time anyhow. Take a look at the tips below.
1) Your kids can still decorate Easter eggs
It seems unlikely that vegan kids could decorate eggs, but they totally can, with the cool egg alternative below.
EggNots are 100% clever vegan eggs made with ceramic so they feel like real eggs, but no chickens were harmed to get these eggs. Not only perfect for vegan families, these eggs are great if you have a child with an egg allergy.Benefits include:
- Look and feel just like a real egg.
- Inedible so no refrigeration needed, no mess and no smell.
- Non-perishable and eco-friendly – if handled carefully, ceramic will last forever and you can reuse these eggs annually.
- 100% safe for those with egg allergies
- Vegan-friendly – no animal products used in their making.
- Made in the USA
- Fun and easy to dye and decorate just like real eggs.
- Endless possibilities for Easter arts, crafts and gifts.
2) Don’t buy animals for Easter gifts
Buying animals like chicks, bunnies and ducks for a child on Easter is cruel to the animal and does not teach your child to be responsible for animals or care for their welfare. Each year, thousands of baby rabbits, chicks, and ducks are purchased as Easter gifts, only to be abandoned shortly after in the wild where the almost always die or left at shelters where they are usually killed.
To learn more about this huge Easter problem, read 5 Reasons You Should NOT Give Your Kids Real Bunnies, Chicks & Ducks for Easter.
3) Plan an Easter egg hunt sans real eggs
If Easter egg hunts are a big part of your Easter tradition, you’re in luck, because you can still hold a hunt, just without real eggs. Instead of hiding real eggs, hide the following, animal-free eggs…
- Natural Waldorf Wooden Pastel Easter Eggs
- Good Wood Eggs
- Homemade pocket felt eggs, made with non-animal eco-fi felt
- Eco Eggs – Compostable Easter Eggs
- Adorable papier-mache polka dotted eggs – these can be filled with candy and toys, sealed shut then cracked open by your kids!
4) Plan a vegan Easter menu
Serve up vegan fare for Easter breakfast, brunch or dinner with the ideas below…
- Vegan Easter menu plan
- Sweet Vegan Strawberry Pancakes
- Vegan Easter dinner party menu
- 4 Vegan Recipes for Easter
- Vegan Cream of Asparagus Soup
- TONS of vegan Easter recipes
- Vegan Easter Dinner Spectacular
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Fat-Free Vegan Deviled Eggs Recipe or these deviled eggs or maybe potato angels
5) Whip up some sweet vegan Easter treats
A vegan Easter doesn’t mean a treat-free Easter. There are plenty of vegan Easter goodies you can whip up at home with your kids.
- Raw Vegan Colored Icing & Easter Cookies (shown above)
- Vegan Easter sugar cookies and more sugar cookies
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Easter Chocolate Nest Cupcakes (Gluten-free & Vegan)
- Super Cute Baby Chick Macaroons
- Vegan no-bake oat cookies – really adorable
- How to Decorate Your Vegan Easter Cookies
6) Fill your Easter baskets with vegan sweets and treats
Vegan candy, even holiday minded vegan candy is getting so much easier to find. All the candy (and other treats) you see below are vegan, kid-friendly and yummy and fit perfectly into an eco-friendly vegan Easter basket. With this many choices, your kids will never miss the animal products.
- Mama Ganache offers a gigantic array of vegan Easter chocolates in super cute Easter designs. They’re affordable too! Shown above are their cute Bunny & Egg Combination bags (get the dark chocolate if you’re vegan).
- Vegan Marshmallow Caramel Eggs or a Vegan Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Bunny from Desiderio Chocolates.
- Sjaak’s Organic Chocolates has tons of vegan Easter candy to choose from.
- Strawberry Hill vegan spring designed lollipops available at Natural Candy Store.
- Alison’s Gourmet vegan cookies, vegan bunny and eggs and more!
- Clif Kid Organic ZFruit Rope
- YummyEarth Organic Lollipops
- Eli’s Earth Celebrate Organic Bar
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Clif Crunch Granola Bar, Blueberry Crisp
- Go Max Go, Vegan Candy Bar Jokerz
- Spangler Dum Dum Pops Candy
- Eli’s Earth Treasure Organic Bar
- Maple Daisies
- Skippers & Sunnys – Vegan Peeps from Sweet & Sara (shown above).
- Stretch Island Fruit Leather or Stretch Island FruitaBu Rolls
Vegan and eco-friendly treats that are small enough to stuff into Easter eggs for baskets or Easter egg hunts
- Endangered Species Organic Dark Chocolate Bug Bites
- GoNaturally Organic Cherry Gluten Free Hard Candies
- Surf Sweets Gummy Swirls
- Sunny Fruit Slices
- Surf Sweets Sour Worms
- YumEarth Naturals, Sour Jelly Beans
- YumEarth Organic Candy Drops