Everyone deserves a yummy homemade organic ice pop once in a while, even babies and toddlers. Luckily, there are some simple organic popsicle recipes you can make for your youngest family members.
How to make the best baby and toddler popsicles
- Always go organic!
- Use smaller non-toxic ice pop molds. Normal ice pop molds are too large for most babies and toddlers. See some baby ice pop mold ideas.
- Make ice pops with the same homemade puree you use for baby food. For example, blend up a carrot, add a dash of cinnamon and freeze. Baby purees make excellent ice pops.
- As with any food item, try one at a time before mixing flavors. For example, serve a whole blueberry ice pop, before mixing berry types so you can watch for allergies.
- Freeze breast milk or organic formula into an ice pop – you can even add in a little blended organic fruit.
Vanilla tofu popsicle ingredients
- 2 tablespoons pure organic vanilla extract
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1/3 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk – organic if available (you could also use breast milk or organic milk)
- 1/2 cup organic silken tofu
*NOTE: The original recipe contained 4 tablespoons of honey. If your baby is over the age of one-year, go ahead and use honey, but babies under a year cannot have honey, it’s dangerous for little bellies.
Make vanilla tofu popsicles
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Let the bowl sit for five minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Pour mixture into blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into reusable non-toxic ice pop molds.
- Freeze, un-mold and watch your baby enjoy.
Other awesome popsicle recipes
I got this recipe from one of my favorite green family cookbooks, Ice Pop Joy. Read my Ice Pop Joy review and pick up the book to see many more amazing ice pop recipes.