These delicious eco-pops are bright orange, simple to make and one of my son’s favorites. Bonus, these pops are healthy enough to serve in place of fruit or juice on a warm summer morning.
- 1 large organic mango
- 1 large organic carrot
- Juice of 1 medium sized organic orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic honey or agave to taste
- Wash, peel and chop your carrot.
- Place carrot piece in a small bowl of water in the microwave and cook for a minute or two until soft enough to stick a fork in. No microwave? Just steam or boil your carrot until soft on the stove top.
- Wash, peel and chop your mango.
- Place the carrots, mango, orange juice and water into your blender. Blend until well-mixed.
- Taste. If your produce is very ripe and sweet, you may not need added sweetener. If you do need sweetener, add it, then blend again.
- Pour into ice pop molds.
Image © Jennifer Chait