The other day when I was talking about chemical food dyes, it made me realize that we haven’t looked at edible (safe) stocking stuffers yet this year. If you’re looking for decent companies to buy holiday edible treats from, the list below can help. Remember, if it’s organic, there’s zero fake food dye in it.
- Theo Chocolates are 100% yummy and they’re the only organic, Fair Trade, bean-to-bar company in the USA.
- Yummy Earth – all their candy is USDA and EU certified organic, gluten-free, peanut-free and tree nut-free and has zero corn syrup.
- Equal Exchange – sells Fair Trade and organic chocolates.
- Hammond’s Candies – only their all natural collection.
- Sweet Earth Chocolates – Fair Trade and certified organic chocolate treats.
- Natural Candy Store – sells many types of sweets, not all organic but they disclose all ingredients and make it easy to shop via handy guides such as Fair Trade, organic and nut-free categories.
- Pure Fun – sells USDA organic candy.
- Strawberry Hill Confectionery – makes organic treats that are fake dye-free and beautiful. Harder to find though. Try the Natural Candy Store or Candy Warehouse.
- Endangered Species Chocolate – sells some organic chocolate. You have to read their product labels carefully, because they all look similar, but not all are USDA organic.
Here are some excellent safer stocking stuffer treats…
I like all the Theo Chocolates I’ve had, but my favorite is Theo Classic Organic Dark Chocolate with Cherry & Almond – and I don’t even normally like fruit in chocolate. However, for Christmas, you might want to try some of their seasonal offerings, such as:
- Peppermint Stick
- Milk & Cookies – We’ve had this one and it’s REALLY yummy – it’s hard to explain, but it’s buttery and has a wee bit of crunch.
- Gingerbread Spice – This one is sooooo good. It tastes like a chocolate gingerbread cookie. Amazing!
- Nutcracker Toffee
- Green Apple Christmas Tree Organic Lollipop
- Spearmint Swirl Organic Candy
- Crystal Clear Snowflake Organic Lollipop
Beautiful Sweets creates all organic, eco-friendly and gorgeous cookies. You can order a package, then split them into small wraps or bags for individual stocking treats. Or of course you could make your own organic holiday cookies and do this as well.
Chocolate-On-A-Stick – Fair Trade Certified and organic milk chocolate sticks of fun. For an even more unique and adult-minded stocking stuffer, try Holiday Truffle Pops – super cute, Fair Trade and organic.
- Organic mandarin oranges, organic oranges or organic tangerines. These are healthy, yummy and add a nice pop of color to a stocking.
- Organic Mint Chocolate with a Delicate Crunch or Organic Orange Dark Chocolate
- Annie’s Homegrown Berry Patch Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- All Natural Mint Lollipop
- Organic pomegranate – our kids seriously beg for these. They LOVE them. Plus, organic poms tend to be smaller than conventional, so they’ll actually fit in a stocking easily.
- Organic maple candy
- Endangered Species Bug Bites, Organic Milk Chocolate
- Organic Honey Sticks just remember that babies cannot have honey.
- Clif Kid Twisted Fruit Ropes