The Fair Trade Trick or Treat Kit is a project of Global Exchange, launched in 2005. The kit celebrates the importance of offering better, ethical treats at Halloween time and helps educate kids about Fair Trade and the efforts to end child slavery around the world.
According to the United Nation’s Children’s Fund, 200,000 children in West Africa work under forced labor conditions on cocoa farms making yup, those conventional Halloween treats you hand out. When you support Fair Trade at Halloween (and all year round) you’re taking a stand against child labor.
This year’s Fair Trade Trick or Treat Kit has everything included in one easy kit and allows you to not only keep Halloween special and fun, but also fair for children all over the world.
The 2010 Fair Trade Trick or Treat Kit includes:
- One bag of Fair Trade, Organic Dark Chocolate Minis to hand out to Trick or Treaters (40 individual pieces)
- A stack of festive Halloween postcards for you to hand out
- Traditional Papel Picado Mexican party streamers
- Trick or Treat Bag-100% Eco-friendly mulberry paper bag from Thailand (colors vary)
- A Fair Trade is Boo-tiful poster to hang on your door
*Postcard Contents: A list of how you can help Fair Trade succeed, information about Fair Trade, and a pre-written note to give your to your child’s K-6 teacher to use Global Exchange cocoa curriculum.