Homemade Valentine’s Day gifts often look, well, homemade. However, there are a number of really nice gifts you can make that both look professional and keep your eco-friendly ethics in mind.
- Organic Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub – print out professional looking labels for the container on your computer.
- Heart Shaped Valentine Pin Cushion
- Make a neat secret hollow book for hiding secrets of all sorts – choose a nice thrift store love story for this one.
- Get fizzy with homemade bath bombs.
- Recycled Chunky Crayons – use cute Valentine’s Day metal cookie cutters for seasonal crayons.
- Heart Dream Pillow – use recycled, organic, or leftover fabric then fill your pillow with a dreamy mix of organic herbs.
- Recycle chipped antique tea cups into really cute homemade candles. Don’t use wax though, make soy candles instead; organic if possible.
- Homemade recycled sock monkey – great for the kids – use Valentine’s Day colored socks and you can even embroider tiny hearts and such on said monkey.
- Homemade Cranberry Lip Gloss – you can score tiny reusable pots for this lip gloss from wholesale cosmetic shops or a salon.
- Jeweled Votive Candleholder – add a soy candle and you’re all set.
Also see some cool homemade eco-friendly Valentine’s Day card ideas.