I was looking for a honey scrub, but found this great cranberry lip gloss instead at the National Honey Board. I think it’s perfect for autumn and could make a wonderful homemade holiday gift as well. Especially if you find some cute little pots to put it in.
- 1 Tablespoon organic sweet almond oil
- 10 fresh cranberries (organic if possible)
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 drop vitamin E oil
Make your lip gloss
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Microwave for two minutes or until just boiling. You could also heat your bowl in a pan of water on the stove.
- Stir well and gently crush the berries.
- Cool the berries for five minutes. Strain with a fine sieve until there are no fruit pieces left in your mix.
- Stir and set aside to cool completely.
- When cool, transfer into a small portable plastic container or tin.
Remember, before you make homemade cosmetics or other body care products, you’ll want to read Homemade Organic Body Care: Safety Basics.
Other DIY body care products to try
- Homemade Organic Lavender Vanilla Sugar Body Scrub
- DIY Organic Spice and Herb Face Toner
- Easy Homemade Organic Liquid Hand Soap
Image ©PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay