Review summary: CLIF Kid Organic Full Moon Brownie ZBaRs are a healthy Halloween treat option that kids will actually enjoy.
Use: Created for kids. Good for a snack or when paired with fruit and milk can be a decent fast breakfast. This ZBaR flavor makes the perfect Halloween treat bag item too.
Cost: At my local grocery store zBaRs can cost $3.00-$4.00+ per box (6 per box). A better deal is to buy these in bulk, such as from Amazon or at the Clif Bar website, which works out to 78 cents per bar.
Ingredients: Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Cane Syrup, Organic Soy White Chocolate (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Soy Flour, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Vanilla Extract), Organic Oat Flour, Organic Fig Paste, Organic Soy Butter (Organic Soybeans, Organic Soybean Oil, Salt), Organic Cocoa, Organic White Coating (Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Soy Lecithin, Organic Vanilla Extract), Natural Flavors, Organic Oat Fiber, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Sunflower Oil, Salt, Baking Soda.
Green & healthy benefits:
The new Full Moon Brownie flavor is a delicious chocolate brownie with white chocolate chips – making this a treat that kids will actually eat and enjoy on Halloween.
- Each wrapper is Halloween-cute with autumn colors and spooky little trick-or-treaters.
- Delicious chocolate brownie with white chocolate chips … a yummy and nutritious twist on a favorite treat.
- USDA certified organic.
- Each bar is low fat, made with whole oats, and contains 12 essential vitamins and minerals kids need every day.
- No high fructose corn syrup, no hydrogenated oils and no artificial flavors or artificial colors.
- Non-GMO sourced ingredients.
- Full disclosure – the company lists ingredients at their website, on the boxes and on individual bar packaging.
- Clif Bar & Company has many eco-friendly perks as a company and very few cons. Learn more about Clif Bar & Company in general.
What we thought:
Cedar is no stranger to zBaRs – he eats them often. However, he was impressed with these bars due to the spooky packaging. He was equally enchanted with the creative white drizzle, and said he thought it was a fun new look for zBaRs.
Flavor wise, he ate these up -quickly. I was a little surprised he liked them, because he’s not the biggest chocolate fan. In fact, in my first zBaR review, he flat out said, “The chocolate brownie zBaRs are too sweet.”
His reasoning behind the chocolate change of heart was…. the packaging. He said, “These are for Halloween right?” Then chomped it down and said, “Yum.” I asked if this would be a good treat to give out on Halloween over candy, and Cedar concluded that sure, he’d take them if they were being handed out on Halloween night.
I did think these were still a little sweet, but not TOO sweet and I think the sweetness will make them friendly for the typical kid on Halloween.
Were there any negatives?
- So far, during my grocery store sweeps, it’s been impossible to find this flavor at the grocery store. I’m guessing they’ll roll them out a little closer to Halloween (although, hey, stores, you’re cutting it close).
- These have more packaging than homemade bars. But on the flip-side, we recycle the packaging, homemade bars won’t have quite as many nutrients and it’s not a good idea to pass out unwrapped goodies on Halloween.
5 little trees out of 5. Normally, I’d have given these a 4.5, because I don’t advocate buying packaged goods over homemade. That said, at this time of year, when you’re looking for a super Halloween treat that’s not quite so sticky, surgery and sweet, these are perfect, so the Halloween flavor got a bump up score-wise.
Cedar was perfectly fine about considering these bars over Halloween candy, so I’m guessing other kids will be as well.
- Buy Full Moon Brownie ZBaRs
- Visit the Clif Bar & Company website.
- Join Clif Bar & Company on Facebook.
- Read their blog.