If you’re going to use flowers or herbs as ingredients in a homemade beauty product, follow these safety tips…
- Use only organic herbs and flowers – you don’t want pesticides on your body.
- Know your herbs and flowers before you use them. Get a good guidebook so you can recognize the subtle differences between various herbs and flowers.
- If you grow yourself, grow organic and clearly label the plants.
- Using the wrong herb in a body care product could be bad news if you’re allergic. Read Homemade Organic Beauty Safety Basics to learn about how to do a dab test.
- Herbs and flowers work slower than essential oils because they’re less potent, depending on how much you boil them down. If you create a homemade product that also has healing properties it may take longer to work than products made with essential oils. Also, it may take longer for an allergic reaction to appear, so seriously, always do a dab test.
Also read: Organic Essential Oil Safety & Buying Guide