Reusable goods are almost always a better bet than one-time use items. The landfills are filling up, and last I checked the planet isn’t getting any bigger, so anything you can manage to use over and over vs. once, is awesome.
Reusable goods pose a significant benefit if your goal is to raise green kiddos. Kids may not get why organic food rocks or how come global warming is happening, but reusable products are easy to understand and a great introduction to green living.
Plus, for health minded individuals, reusable products often offer great benefits, such as less toxicity, fewer chemicals and less pollution created by manufacturing reuse products vs. new, one-time use products.
If you need help getting started with reusable goods, check out the posts below…
- Skip excessive food packaging and learn how to green your take-out food experience.
- Make a DIY reusable baby wipe kit – save money and the planet.
- Stop your addiction to paper towels and paper napkins.
- Reduce school lunch waste by packing a nice reusable, waste-free packed lunch. At my house we love PlanetBox reusable lunch kits, but you can also take a look at other reusable lunch kits or even try making your own DIY lunch kit.
- Consider cloth reusable diapers instead of disposables.
Wait a minute… what about biodegradable one-time use items? Are those a smart green choice?
Image ©somadjinn via rgbstock