Etsy has some of the most amazing holiday goodies in town. However, there are some downsides to be aware of…
- ORDER NOW!: Many Etsy shops need orders sooner, rather than later for the holiday season.
- Snooze and maybe lose: If you see something amazing at Etsy, it’s a good bet someone else will love it too. If you REALLY love an item, order it as soon as possible. Many items are one-of-a-kind, so there’s not an unlimited stock.
- Wading through: I’m a huge Etsy fan, so I have my go-to green shops on there. However, in finding these shops, I’ve had to dig through some seriously terrible shops on there. I adore Etsy, and support handmade, but it’s sad that some people on there don’t have design or eco-savvy. Be sure to read the bios and product descriptions carefully.
With that last tip in mind, here are some excellent Etsy shops to visit for the perfect handmade green gift…
Sewn Natural: This is a great shop with lots of amazing goodies. Everything is handmade, sweatshop free and many of the materials used are eco-friendly.
- organic baby quilt
- winter snow wool acorns
- organic waldorf teething doll with wood teether
- organic kids messenger bags
Merry Blues Art: I’m not usually a fan of paper products (excessive), but if you do go with paper greetings, this is a great shop. Everything is eco-friendly and handmade with recycled and reused materials. Paper goods are printed on 100% banana paper made from agricultural waste. Plus adorable!
- evergreen – warm winter mini eco friendly greeting cards
- pairs of winter (memory game) limited edition
- A very cute stocking stuffer – DIY Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes
Little Sapling Toys – This lovely shop creates eco-friendly wood teethers, organic blocks, Montessori toys, safe infant and toddler toys, modern rocking horse, traditional rattles and more, plus they plant a tree for every toy sold.
- Organic Skittles – 6 pin retro wooden bowling
- Organic toy camera
- Little Guitar Teething Toy
- Organic Brainbow Stacking Nesting Arches
Pouch: This shop sells a wide array of eco friendly vintage fabric bags, purses, accessories and housewares. Some items are absolutely adorable.
- Cornflower blue vintage fabric Dilly tote
- Lavender rabbit in turquoise and aqua blue
- Peppermint and sage vintage fabric clothespin bag
Asher Jasper: this is an incredibly awesome shop, if you can score an item (they always seem to be hopping busy). Many amazing creations, all handmade naturally and non-toxic.
- Natural Hardwood Ramp Blocks ‘Wedges’ for Eco-Friendly Toy Cars
- Needle Felted Turtle Dove
- Natural Hardwood Building Blocks
Natures Cabinet: This shop sells beautiful nature and cottage inspired home decorations, accessories and gifts. Most of their handmade items are made with sustainable or recycled products and materials.
- Initial Driftwood Charm Tags
- Sweet Woodland Wedding trinket box with dried roses, lavender and wooden heart. Could be used for any little gifts though.
- White hand cut flowers and jute garland – breathtaking for a natural wedding, but also good as a winter holiday decor item.
- Candle Holders – some made from driftwood and some with moss.
Mandinka Designs: This shop creates the most unique line of handbags & accessories crafted from reclaimed & recycled suit coats. I love the bags here soooooooo much. This year they even have reclaimed stockings! Fun.
Buddy & Jo Jo’s: Beautiful handmade eco friendly wooden toys that are organic, safe and natural for your baby and toddler. Wood baby teethers, toddler push toys, baby blocks and more. Made in the USA from sustainable resources. Where this shop really shines is with their rolling toys!
- Natural Wood Rolling Toy – Wee Wooden Ginny Goose
- Wood Rolling Toy – Wee Wooden Blue Truck
- Natural Wood Rolling Toy – Wee Wooden Charlie Caterpiller
Note: if I don’t stop, I could go on all flipping day about Etsy. That said, I’ll do one more post soon, because I’ve got many more amazing shops to share. If you need more right now, I’m always writing about fun felt food goodness around here. If you check out this previous link, along with the eco-friendly play kitchen food post, you’ll see lots of eco-felt Etsy shops.