For eco-friendly holiday gift wrap you’ve got a ton of choices. You can stay greener by using leftover wrap from previous years, using reusable gift wrap – such as a nice basket or little wooden box, or use items like the comic pages for kids gifts. If you go new make sure you get reusable or recycled/recyclable wrap. Make sure to recycle your gift wrap after the season as well.
Here are some cool green gift wrap choices.
- Green Furoshiki – These are lovely and made from supple, easily tied Dupioni silk. The three color-coordinated furoshiki wraps enclose presents nicely and then can be used as scarves or elegant table decor, among other things.
- Recycled Wrap – blue or red
- Recycled Wrap – Gratitude
- Recycled Gift Bags
Following are some wrapping papers made with 100% post-consumer fiber, processed chlorine-free premium quality paper and all are printed with vegetable-based ink…
- Holiday stripes
- Holiday Elegance in White
- Snowflakes in Blue
- Candycane Snowflakes Gift Wrap
- Christmas Reindeers
- Jewels Gift Wrap
Smock has some of the prettiest recycled wrapping paper you’ve EVER seen. Really gorgeous stuff and their shop is the first in the US to offer printing choices for other products with rapidly renewable bamboo.
- Botanical Paperworks Holiday Gift Tag – Tags embedded with wildflowers seeds that bloom when planted. Six in a set.
- Holiday tissue paper made from 100% recycled paper and whitened without chlorine.
- 100% Biodegradable, non-woven natural cotton ribbon colored with soy-based inks. Comes in red or a happy holiday style.
- Make your own amazing gift bows with recycled magazines!