Below are two fresh organic face scrub recipes. Keep the following in mind…
- Because they’re made with fresh ingredients, each of these fresh face scrubs have a short shelf life, meaning once you make it, it’s a use it or lose it deal. These aren’t scrubs you can make and keep.
- Both of these scrubs will most likely work on all skin types unless you have ultra sensitive skin.
- If you have sensitive skin you can always omit part of the scrubby ingredients (i.e. almonds or bran) then test it on your arm before you use it on your face.
Almond, apricot, & honey face scrub
- 1/2 of a room temperature, organic apricot. Apricot skin on or off – your choice, as you’ll be blending it up anyhow.
- 1/4 cup of ground organic almonds. You can use a blender or coffee bean grinder to grind your almonds).
- 1/2 tablespoon organic honey.
- Optional – a teaspoon of dried lavender or a drop of your favorite organic essential oil.
Put all ingredients in your blender and mix until well blended. Scrub onto your face (or even other rough body parts) and rinse with warm water. This scrub leaves a nice lingering, earthy scent on your skin.
Green tea, almond, & bran scrub
- 1/2 cup hot strongly brewed organic green tea.
- 1/4 cup coarse organic wheat bran (you can find this in the bulk area of your local grocery store).
- 1/4 cup ground organic almonds.
- Optional: two drops of organic tea tree essential oil or 1 drop organic lavender essential oil
Mix the bran and almonds into the hot green tea until a well-combined paste forms. Allow the mixture to cool. Add essential oils. If you want to make this into a whole body scrub use 3/4 cup green tea, and double the almonds and bran. Also add about 1/4 cup rich organic olive oil. The olive oil will separate the scrub some, but not too much.
Image © Unsplash via Pixabay