Camden Rose is a collective of designers, artists, teachers, musicians, craftspeople and parents who design and sell awesome products for children. From non-toxic rattles to wooden musical instruments to old-fashioned games and blocks, Camden Rose has almost everything you need to outfit a super playroom, including some 100% amazing play kitchen sets.
Camden Rose kitchen play sets cost more than other play kitchens, but it’s because these are high-quality, creatively designed, non-toxic toys that will last for generations. Plus, this company has many green and ethical practices in place.
Camden Rose play kitchen sets
A Simple Hearth Play Kitchen with Hutch: This non-toxic play kitchen is recommended for children ages 3 and up and is made entirely of real cherry and walnut wood in the USA. Designed for multi-generational play, A Simple Hearth is made with zero plywood, particleboard/press board or soft pine. The stove, burner and faucet knobs work flawlessly and smoothly without the use of any metal hardware. The brushed metal sink bowl is made from real heavy gage stainless steel and can be removed for easy cleaning.
Everything about this play kitchen is made for realistic imaginative play. There’s a sliding cutting board that really pulls out 12 inches to allow access for more children. Oven and sink doors operate on self-closing hinges and a partition divides the oven from the sink compartment. The back of the kitchen hutch is open, meaning, this play kitchen may be positioned against a wall or in the middle of a room.
The kitchen is shipped partially assembled so it’s easy for parents. Builders simply slide on the hutch and screw on the walnut handles and assemble the hutch (8 screws and 8 hole plugs) then it’s all ready for your child to cook.
This kitchen is also available as A Beautiful Hearth – same kitchen, minus the top hutch.
A Simple Fridge – Play Refrigerator: This fridge is hand-made in the USA with real Cherry, Ash and Walnut wood. Ventilation openings are built in the back of the Simple Fridge and slow self-closing metal hinges are featured on the doors. The fridge arrive at your home fully assembled right out of the box. All parents need do is attach the door handles with the four provided screws (instructions included). This is a perfect add-on to either of the kitchens above.
The Country Cottage Kitchen is a little smaller in size than the Simple Hearth kitchen, but it’s perfect as a starter play kitchen, especially if you’re short on time or love the unfinished look. There’s a cool oven rack but this one has a sold wood rack in it, a side cubby that can be used at a fridge or a storage space, a towel rack on one side and wooden pegs on the other for hanging storage and a pull out drawer at the bottom. No plywood or MDF board.
Camden Rose eco-friendly and ethical standards:
- All Camden Rose products are meticulously hand-constructed by craftspeople, not mass-produced.
- High quality materials, all certified non-toxic, such as stainless steel, wood, pure wool, silk and more are used.
- Almost all Camden Rose products are made in the United States. They also employ Fair Trade workers from a women-owned cooperative near Lima, Peru.
- Products are finished in natural, non-toxic beeswax.
- Each item produced is self-tested for lead content and other harmful chemicals. All products contain levels of lead content far lower or non-existent than the minimum allowed. Also, each and every product is free from materials known to produce phthalates, namely PVC (found in soft plastic or vinyl).
- Camden Rose uses red recyclable plastic netting for many of their retail products.
- All products meet CPSIA requirements.