It’s Blog Action Day 2011. Blog Action Day is the one day a year when all bloggers join together to discuss one important issue. I’ve been participating since 2007, and it’s not only fun, but informative to read what all these different types of bloggers have to say about a single issue. Last year’s topic was water and the topic this year is food. At last count, more than 2,250 bloggers from 100 countries have joined this amazing event.
On Blog Action Day, I like to round-up the posts I wrote for my readers, along with some of the best posts I’ve read today while scurrying around the web.
Today I discussed greener take-out food and how to easily go organic while holding onto your sanity. Many other people around the web wrote endlessly about all sorts of food topics as well. Below are some of my favorites…
Some of the posts I like are from friend’s blogs and other sites I write for. They’re absolutely good posts or I wouldn’t link them, but since there is still a little favoritism involved here, I just wanted to be up-front.
- My pal Peggy is discussing why everyone deserves food – food is a basic right.
- Celebrate Green has a poem up all about food waste, or more so, a reminder about not wasting food. Very clever and heartfelt.
- At Inhabitots, we looked at raising vegetarian kids plus excellent sources of protein for your already vegetarian child.
Other awesome Blog Action Day 2011 food posts from around the web:
- A very well done post from Green Living Ideas about why food prices are rising and what we can do to combat those prices.
- A wonderful post about the significance of the ordinary kitchen table from Dirt & Noise – as a eat together, be together family advocate, I really loved this post. Maybe my fave of the day.
- Mashable, always the social media darling, posted 5 Ways to Connect to the Local Food Movement Online. Useful info.