Here’s a tip – if you have a green teen and a limited budget, you’re in some serious trouble.
I usually don’t do gift guides for teens, but this year we’ve got one teen in the house and two soon-to-be-tweens, so I decided, hey, what the heck. Well, that’s where the fun stopped.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – green-minded humans DO NOT come in two age groups only – babies and adults. Yup companies, there are green older kids and teens out there. Get on board already! Anyhow, I had a REALLY hard time finding green AND affordable gifts for teens, so I very much hope you enjoy this guide.
- Recycled Sock Monkey Hat
- The Story of Stuff: How Our Obsession with Stuff Is Trashing the Planet, Our Communities, and Our Health-and a Vision for Change
- Fair Trade Mini Eco Soccer Ball
- Honeybee Gardens WaterColors – non-toxic nail polish
Lush goodies for teen girls and guys. Read about Lush green policies, Fair Trade purchasing and eco-packaging at the Lush website. See my picks below.
- Ice Blue Soap
- Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
- Good Karma
- Something Wicked This Way Comes Bath Melt
- Snow Fairy Gift
- Karma Komba Solid Shampoo
- Chillin’ with my Gnomies
- Ecoholic: Your Guide to the Most Environmentally Friendly Information, Products, and Services
- KOR ONE BPA Free Hydration Vessel
- Thermos 24-Ounce ROHO Hydration Bottle, Tweet
- “Rude” Raspberry 100% Organic Lotion Stick or Chai Guy 100% Organic Lotion Stick
- All the Better to Kiss You With Eco-Lip Balm – USDA certified organic – set of three
- Vintage Record Sleeve Journal
- Love Bottle
- Heroes of the Environment: True Stories of People Who Are Helping to Protect Our Planet – More tween and younger teen appropriate IMO, although some older teens may like this too.
Sprout watches are made with materials like corn resin, organic cotton and bamboo. Plus have mercury-free batteries and recycled packaging. Learn more at Sprout.
- Tri-fold 100% Hemp Wallet with Chain
- Puppy Love Bracelets by Christina Howard – 50% of the sales from these bracelets will be donated to help local sick and homeless animals.
- FlashFlight LED Flying Disc
- Recycled skateboard bracelet
- Hemp + Organic Flatline Beanie
- A subscription to Boho Magazine – I cheated a bit here, because a subscription is $2 over the “affordable $25” limit, but, your teen girl will get four awesome issues over the span of a year. She’ll love it – if you don’t steal it first. Read my Boho review.