Some homemade gifts REALLY look homemade and don’t make a big impression. However, there are plenty of cool eco-friendly DIY holiday gifts you can easily make that are useful, look great, and will make everyone’s holiday more cheerful.
Below are 39 fab homemade gift ideas. Make sure you choose homemade gift projects early on though; making gifts at the last minute is more stressful than fun.
Little Green Homemade Hostess Gifts
- OH SO sweet fabric flowers (shown above) – make with holiday colors for the perfect easy seasonal gift.
- Flower & Spice Table Topper
- The cutest tiny Sake-Box Planters ever!
- Baked salt dough ornaments.
- Cinnamon Marshmallow Stars – not vegan but super cute.
- Scented sugars – I’ve never made these but they look great – use organic sugar!
- Chocolate covered candied orange slices.
- Cider spice sachets
Homemade Green Gifts for Kids
- Seriously amazing homemade baby blocks (shown above)! Use scrap wood or sustainable wood and non-toxic paint.
- A homemade sun jar is a great gift for adults as well as little ones, but kids will be especially amazed.
- Fun homemade Gingerbread Cookie Dough Puzzle! So unique.
- Build a Bubble-Powered Rocket – with recycled paper and film canisters. This rocket actually lifts off.
- Awesome collection of old-fashioned, handmade toys from Mother Earth News.
- The most adorable homemade memory game I’ve seen.
- Homemade natural and non-toxic playdough – add some little tools from a thrift store; like rolling pin and cookie cutters for optimal fun.
- For baby learning make a soft book of colors.
- Really fun felt play brown bagged lunch.
- Nine DIY play kitchen options and DIY Play Kitchen Food & Dishes
- Christmas Elf Doll – use scrap and organic fabric.
- DIY Eco-Dollhouses
- Seriously amazing no-sew Midsummer Nights Dream Tutu with tulle. Your daughter will sigh with delight. If you really want a totally bling little girl gift add some homemade fairy wings to the tutu.
- Recycled Cardboard Playhouse that your tot can decorate all on her own.
- Recycled crayons – big and chunky – great stocking stuffer.
- Recycled Wallpaper Blocks – really cute!
- Recycled homemade pillowcase dress for your little lady.
- S’mores in a Jar for a little one. Cute and fun.
- Make a bug watching kid their own butterfly house.
Homemade Green Gifts for Adults
- A beautiful DIY wheatgrass centerpiece (shown above) – yeah it’s meant for weddings, but with red and white roses it would make a wonderful holiday gift too.
- Homemade Organic Lavender Vanilla Sugar Scrub and Cranberry Lip gloss.
- An amazing list of 50 edible holiday gifts – just make sure you use organic ingredients.
- Make a countertop greenhouse for under $20 – use reclaimed wood.
- Beautiful herbal sachets for keeping clothing fresh.
- Super neat idea – make homemade seed tape with your saved seeds!
- Lovely colored homemade bath salts.
- Golden Honey Granola – make with organics though.
- Scented soy candles.
- Yo Yo Necklace – sounds weird but very stylish and impressive.
- Nice little scrap fabric cloth napkins – look pro.