Following are ten simple green gifts for $10 or less. Even at this low price all are pretty darn nice.
1. Down To Earth Cookie Cutter Set – Celestial – cute set of planetary-inspired foodgrade stainless steel cookie cutters. BPA-free, safe and sturdy, can be used for real cookie dough or used as a toy with playdough. Sold in a compact storage tin.
3. Where the Wild Things Are Puzzle – Puzzle greyboard made of 100% recycled paper. Packaging contains a minumum of 75% recycled paper. Printed with non-toxic inks.
4. Organic Lavender Dryer Bags – these hugely popular bags bring a relaxing and soothing scent into your home and laundry. Each lavender bag lasts up to 10 cycles in the dryer, and then the lavender makes a great carpet air freshener – just open the sachet and sprinkle on your carpet before vacuuming.
6. Green Toys Jump Rope – 100% cotton 7 ft long rope that’s adjustable. Handles made from 100% recycled milk cartons.
7. Yesterday’s News Colouring Set – set of 12 colored pencils made with recycled Chinese newspapers with rich, smooth colors, plus packed in a handy tube, which is also recycled and features random text and photos.
8. Fruit Rattles – Fair Trade and handmade fun.
9. Eco Stars Recycled Crayons – twenty fun star-shaped crayons made from unwanted used crayon pieces – 100 points of color in all. Packaging is Earth-friendly too, made of 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper.
10. Chocolate Lotion or Chocolate Lip Balm; both organic (no longer available).